Wednesday 18 October 2000

Fack trials diff.

I've just had a garage clearout and think it is time that I offered my spare Fack trials diff for sale. It is brand new unused and still in the box, I will accept 」385.00 for it delivered to your door. Call me on my mobile 0370 626 173 or home number 01234 240707

I did have an interesting experience with the Fack diff in my Troll, for some time now I've been experiencing some slackness in the transmission, I replaced the rose joints in the axle links, checked over the uj's etc but still couldn't find the fault. Then suddenly, whilst still clean after two rounds of last sundays trial, we heard a clunk and found a bolt had penetrated the diff casing from inside, we patched up the casing and carried on but four sections later there was another click and we lost all drive. When I stripped out the axle I found that the six bolts holding the Ford crown wheel onto the Fack diff carrier had gone walkabout! three had sheared but the other three had come out, hence the previous cluncking noises and slackness in the drive-line!! So the Fack diff is still perfectly intact and now entering it's ninth season, with six new bolts slightly overtorqued and loctited, holding the crownwheel in place. In future I will take the diff out after every season and just check it over, Fack's breed complacency!

Best regards, David Alderson

No comments:

Post a Comment