Thursday 2 May 2002

Get a Firewall to guard against a new threat

Hi everyone,
 
I recently installed a (free) Firewall on my PC at home to guard against raids on my computer while connected to the net. I did this after getting a Trojan Horse virus on the day jobs laptop.
 
This prompted me to worry about the Classical Gas machine in the dinning room. I read an article in a magazine about a free software firewall called Zone Alarm.
 
I downloaded and installed it and it works. It's quite frigtening to see the warnings come up when another computer tries to break into my system and Zone Alarm blocks it.
 
You can find out more information and download the free version at http://www.zonelabs.com/products/za/index.html
 
I would advise everyone to look at this.
 
Michael

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mike      Thanks for the link - I am downloading it now. Also do you know anyone who is entered for the MCC 1000 Mile Trial ? Best Wishes Mike Warnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,   I am interested in how you get on with Zone Alarm. Keep me posted.   I don't know about the 1000 mile trial. Hopefully Simon will put something on the MCC site.   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be 'doing' the 1000 mile trial as navigator to Richard Andrews in his Dellow. We felt the Dellow was more in keeping with the event than my Troll. There seems to be very limited information about the event. What a great day out at Brooklands last Sunday Stuart Harrold

    ReplyDelete