Saturday 20 September 2003

I've just been hit by a Virus

My computer at home has just been hit by a Virus. It came in on the e-mail address that I use in conjunction with the web site so it may have come from one of you guy and girls and as you know the sender generaly doesn't know they are infected. Fortunately my Norton stopped it on this occassion.
 
The terrible thing is that the e-mails appeared to come from Microsoft. One was titled "Current Security Pavck from MS Security Support" the other "Newest Network Critiacl Update from MS Corperation Public Services".
 
 
If you don't have any Virus protection on your computer you can get your system checked out for free at  Symantec Security Check
 
Michael

4 comments:

  1. Michael - I was hit twice with this virus Thursday/Friday and, like you, Norton stopped it. Deep in the code I discovered the name 'Mike Pearson' so that may help in the quest to track down the source.   Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrew and Group,   I have just been hit by another one originating from Tim Whelock.   I will phone Mike Pearson. If anyone knows Tim's number can they phone him. The problem is with these damn things the sender doesn't know its happening.   Michael    

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can read all about this damn virus here http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only use my company eMail address and arrived at work this morning to find our 'eMail Police' had quarrantined a message from Tim Wheelock as it contained a virus. Stuart Harrold

    ReplyDelete