Friday 9 July 2004

MCC Membership Survey

Those of you MCC members who read John Aley's news of the week may have spotted a reference to an in-depth membership survey recently.  This is something that I proposed to the Executive Committee earlier in the year in my professional capacity as a market researcher.  In the light of various changes made and proposed to the running of events and to the ensuing debates, letters and calls for referenda I thought it would make sense for all MCC members to have the opportunity to comment on all the various issues in one place.  The overall objective is to foster better understanding between members and committee, both about specific issues and about the long-term direction in which the club is heading.  Given recent public criticism of the Executive Committee I think it can only be to their credit that they have decided to go with this project. 
 
The membership survey will be posted to all members this Autumn and will take the form of a conventional paper questionnaire.  Before this happens, however, I need the help of MCC members.  If the survey is going to be a success it needs to cover all of the issues of interest to members and it needs to take account of the differing points of view around these.  So what I need members to do is think about the kind of questions they would like answers to from the membership as a whole and then forward their questions directly to me (contact details below).  As a general principle I think we should all be thinking about the big issues ie those that have a serious effect on our events and the long-term future of our club.  For practical reasons I can't promise that every question you send will end up in the final questionnaire but I do promise to consider all of your suggestions and comments carefully. 
 
Ian Davis
Research Manager
 
tel: 01494 484444 (d) 01494 482603 (e)
post: EPR, Enterprise House, Oxford Road, Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire, HP14 3SX
             

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to the specatcular storms on Tuesday I've been without email/internet access since earlier in the week.  I have no doubt that this is why I've not received lots of draft questions for the MCC Membership Survey this week     Anyway I'm obviously back on line now and ready for your suggestions - what question would you really like to ask other MCC members?  This is your chance to forward it to me for possible inclusion in the Survey which is going out later this year.  But time is marching on so I need your ideas ASAP - preferably by the end of next week.   Thanks again to all of those who have already helped me with this project. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Membership Survey was posted out to all MCC members last Thursday (7th October) so should have been received by now - I had the first 6 replies back today.  If your survey form has not arrived by the end of this week please contact me direct and I will send you a replacement ASAP.   I know it's tempting to put the form to one side and return to it later but please do it sooner rather than later and certainly before you become engrossed in the Edinburgh Results - the end of October will come round sooner than you think!    

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ian   I got mine on Saturday morning and it is back in the post today.   Well done. Looks good. Let's hope there is a decent return.   Mark  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarification for Motorcyclists:   Motorcyclists should complete those questions which refer to 'your usual class' with the 2004 Motorcycle Classes in mind.  Any comments on the changes to the Class Structure (or indeed any suggestions for alternative changes) should be made at Q27. 

    ReplyDelete