Wednesday 13 December 2006

Milk Hall Farm Chesham

I have had an email from the owner of Milk Hall Farm, a well known trials venue in the early 70's. If anyone can help with information can they either post it here or email me at mleete24@hotmail.com - Michael
 
I live at what was Milk Hall Farm in Chesham and came across your interesting article below whilst researching the area.  I would be very interested if you have any photographs of the old farm, or the surrounding area as very little historical material appears to have been preserved.   Do you recall the name of the Farm owner or anything else about the area.
 
Thank you for any information you might be able to provide.
 
regards
Martin Dines 

2 comments:

  1. This was the site of my first ever drive in a trial - in a Herts Constabulary PCT.  As you probably know Mike, Mike Furse and Cliff Morrell were involved in organising  - perhaps they would be best placed to advise?  I seem to remember there was an old green lane which ran alongside the field which I think Mike F had taken his Lada 4wd up. I think our pix will be of fresh faced youths in beetles and buggies but will have a look nevertheless... 

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 2 old Lanes, one either side of the field.   On the Left is Bottom Lane which goes right up to Ley Hill and was going to be tarmac surfaced just before the 2nd World War stopped it.   It would probably have spawned a housing estate if the war had not happened!   I have driven up this in the Morgan within the last 15 years and I think it is still a highway.   On the other side is Bunns Lane, I drove the Dellow part way up only a year or so ago but I have not ventured very far up here and I am not sure of its status.   It was this venue that Mike Furse also persuaded me to enter MCC trials, this was back in 1985.   Recently the relevant government department (is it DEFRA?) told Bucks County Council that another ancient local road, Trapps Lane that leads into Bottom Lane, a road they had illegally blocked up more than 10 years ago, was still a legal highway.   Somebody is using their common sense!   My wife Lesley has information of less trials interest on Milk Hall Farm and will send it directly to Martin Dines.  

    ReplyDelete