Thursday 9 March 2000

Class 7 Eligibility

Hi everyone,

I see in the latest edition of "Re-Start" that the ACTC met in January and discussed a number of technical issues including "the eligibility of various components in a range of class 7 cars. Those of you directly affected by this will be aware of the details by now."

As an aspiring entrant I would be interested to know what is allowed and what is not, and which established cars/specifications are going to be affected.

In particular how does this affect Racecorps and Marlin's, both of which are on my shopping list.

Can anyone help?

Michael

3 comments:

  1. Michael -As far as I am aware, the current specification sheets for both cars, certainly for Marlins, as published on the ACTC Web Site are correct and no changes are planned. A small part of the discussion included the 'Ford diffs in Marina axle casings' issue as raised on the Web Community. These are legal. Ford axles are not.Andrew 

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want the very latest spec for any class 7 car, ask me and I will send it to you.   If the car you fancy is not listed, I will explain how to get it added to the list.     If anyone wants ALL the specs, then please send me a cheque to cover the cost of printing and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrew and Simon,Personally I am really looking for a trials ready SWB Marlin so I guess that if it is trialled regularly it will be legal.  I've been looking for a year with no luck so far. When I find one I will check with you.On the Racecorp front it appears Graham Forsdykes Pinto engine car is on the market. Another Falcon member has first refusual but he and I are both a little concerned about class 7 legality as of course Mike Furse is now entering his in class 8!Although he is not a community member my clubmate does look in on the commumity and I know he will be interested in the points you have both madeMany thanksMichael

    ReplyDelete