Tuesday 20 February 2001

Trailer debate the return

I would add this to the previous trailer section but every time I try to read it it makes my computer hang. As one of the further flung competitors I used to pride myself in driving to and from events in the DAF, aided on one or two occasions by the RAC truck. I would endorse the concern that others have shown for trailer use allowing the use of vehicles only driveable for short distances. My Marlin is pretty comfortable, if cold, to drive for long distances and on the Land’s End I will usually do a round trip of 600 miles back to the trailer. I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to do the other part of our journey in doors. We have tried the hood and decided that the protection it afforded wasn’t worth it so it gets left at home. Finally any event outside of the north requires a stop away of at least one night and the storage capacity of the Marlin does tend to encroach on our expectations of basic hygiene (I have a very large toothbrush but don’t tell anyone else)

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment