Thursday 20 February 2003

Marlin Question

Posted on begalf of Julian Haines - I am keen to try the odd PCT event or maybe even venture into the odd Classic Trial albeit Class 0 (where applicable) with an early Triumph Vitesse based Marlin. I know that in order to have any success I will need years of practice and a Marina based car but I am kind of attached to my current one and am more than happy to start at the bottom. The car has previously been used for PCT's and currently has a fairly massive 1/8th thick plate undertray and modified diff. Looking underneath the original vitesse sump seems to hang below the main chassis rails by about 2-3" and it occurred to mee their could be scope for a shallower sump. Are there any current or ex Triumph Marlin users out there who could advise on this together with any other bright ideas?
 
Any help would be much appreciated. 
 
Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment