Saturday 27 March 2004

Fell Sides Northern Classic Trial

Can I extend many thanks to all the competitors on our trial today and hope that you all had an enjoyable and competitive trial. The recent damp weather certainly appears to have had a benificial effect on the nature of some of the sections.
In addition to the entrants, I would also like to thank the many marshals and officials that made the day such an apparent success. I know from the brief feedback from the organising team at the end that we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I even managed a bit of a blast myself at Sandale after the last car. Awsome!!!
As with any other trial, I am sure we would value any feedback received.
 
Myke Pocock.
Chairman.
Fell Side Auto Club.
 
 
  

2 comments:

  1. For Sally and me it was a game of 2 halves or 2 sets of tyres.  In the morning we were on The Debicas I aquired for the Exeter and they lived up to their promise from that event, ie 80% more grip----     more grip than a banana skin. We then changed to a rather old set of Kingpins and it was like driving a different car. As Myke says the sections were in great condition due to the recent rain. To do Sandale twice was a huge bonus. It's certainly high on my list of my Desert Island Hills. Our second trip up it invoved at least twice the crow flying route but it was great to clean it. I'm sure we should get extra points for style. Many thanks to Chris, Diane, Irene, Martin, Myke, Louise, Sean, Garry and all the others for laying on a great event. Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too had a great time, all the sections were great fun to drive and challenging without being damaging.    Indeed Saturday definately laid to rest any perception that the the event is too rough.    Those of you who had some excuse as to why you were not there seriously missed out.   Buttermere Old Road was the section of the trial for me;  all but 2 cars failed what looked like a simple restart, but did you know that exactly the same restart was used on the VSCC Lakeland Trial in a wet November and failed no one!!     Sandale twice was definately a plus.   The bad bit was the last special test - I think they should have deleted that, as I failed it and as a result plummeted from 2nd overall to nowhere....
    Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. 

    ReplyDelete