Tuesday 9 March 2004

My March Hare Trial

I drove my newly acquired Dellow on its first road trial. After all the problems on the Southern Autos PCT the main challenge was just to get round the route and hopefully have a go at some of the hills! We were successful, tackled all the hills and even got up some of them! The car ran quite well all things considered and I put most of the PCT problems down to a high under-bonnet temperature. I tried to avoid this on The March Hare by switching the engine off at every opportunity.
 
We had every sort of weather, sun, rain hail and snow but I am a convert to open air motoring! I won't be venturing too far away from home for a while yet as I don't fit into it so its the Beetle for the Lands End.
 
I thought the route and sections on The March Hare were really enjoyable and the organisers made good use of restarts to give us supermen in class eight something to think about! The climbs of the day were definately at Kensworth where the only cars to reach the top of the first section were one of the Trojans who trickled and Ian Davis and Andy Curtis in their buggies who blasted!
 
How was your March Hare?
 
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment