Tuesday 27 January 2009

The Message Board is on the move to Multiply

Microsoft are closing the system that hosts this message board by 21 February.
 
The reason for choosing Multiply as that Microsoft have set up a migration path. There is too much good stuff on the existing system to loose. And it will be lost if I don't move it by 21 February.
 
You will see a few changes to the Message Board home page as I need to clean it up before the migration.
 
Multiply will be different to what we have been used to. A bit more like Facebook. However, it does offer the facility to transfer the existing messages and photos. On an on-going basis it will allow members to post unlimited pictures and videos.
 
Please bear with me while I set it all up.
 
Michael

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Michael, appreciate your time and effort upon our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The migration of The Classical Gas Message Board from MSN to Multiply is scheduled for this weekend 31 Jan/1 Feb.   Members will be receiving an automated Email about this. However I would like you to read this as well. The new system works in a rather different way to what you have been used to for the last ten years or so. I will be giving you more information on this at www.classictrials.co.uk once I have worked it out myself! All the existing posts and pictures will be transferred but you will have to sign up again. ie apply for membership of the new system. The automated email will invite you to sign up to the new system. Please don't do that until I give you the green light at www.classictrials.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I am about to start the migration. Please don't post here or try to join the new message board until you get the green light at http://www.classictrials.co.uk   Michael

    ReplyDelete