Tuesday 14 November 2000

Allen Trial - posted on behalf of Pete Hart

Michael,
 
I can no longer reply or post messages on the board. The text box comes up OK but having entered my text when I hit send I get a redirection warning which I OK then the text box reappears blank and i go round and round this loop. Also when I move around the site I have to keep re signing in as the "welcome Peter Hart Member" message disappears any ideas.
In the mean time could you post this Allen Update.
Cheers
 
Pete
 
Allen Update

We drove the route a couple of weeks ago to review the damage caused by the recent storms

We were pleased to discover that having cleared a few fallen trees only Big Uplands was in need of some repair. This was planned for last weekend but on arriving we were faced with a much bigger task as the second storms had finished what the first storms had started. The whole surface of the hill has now been eroded and gullies of up to 3ft deep have appeared.

So regrettably we have no alternative but to cancel Big Uplands this year.

The rest of the route is fine and the current surface conditions if maintained should make for an interesting trial.

Final instructions will be sent out later this week.

See you on the 26th

Cheers

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment