Monday 15 January 2001

Trials Books on the Web

If there is anyone who is looking for out of print books on trialling (or any other subject for that matter) I found (courtesy of a reccomendation in the Telegraph) a very good site a couple of weeks ago.
 
It's called www.abebooks.com and it allows you to search by subject, author or key words.
 
I was looking for a copy of 'More Wheelspin' by CAN May and the search by author turned up 27 entries, including three for the one I wanted.   The site is used by booksellers both here and abroad and their prices are not too steep.   I got a good condition 1948 edition of the book in hardback for £15 plus P+P and it turned up next day after my phone call.
 
I was fairly amused when a pile of a paperback reprint of the same books were at the ACTC awards bash on the Sunday morning after the Exeter.  I think I prefer my original.
Happy book hunting
 
Chris
 

2 comments:

  1. What a superb resource the ABE site is Chris - I have been trying to track down a copy of Ogilby's Britannia for use with TRF lane research - to provide evidence for claims etc. It found 27 with quite a few in UK.   I now have to remember the name and author of a trail riding or green laning book by a Cornish author that I was unable to get hold of from the library a few months ago - anyone else have any idea of what I am looking for????   Thanks again for the URL Chris   Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris.   Thanks for the abebooks website tip. I found an original 1932 Wolseley Hornet Special Instruction manual for 짙15, having searched all the stalls at the recent NEC Autojumble and only found one for the ordinary Hornet saloon on offer at 짙20. The manuals for the Special are not quite in the "hen's teeth" category but are far from common. Nigel Brown    

    ReplyDelete