Monday 9 April 2001

Hill Poll Result

Thanks to all of you that sent me your lists of favourite and least favourite hills.
Without further ado I shall announce the results, with apologies for the delay between the close of the poll and this information.
 
By  fairly narrow margins your top three favourite hills were:
1)  Simms
2)  Bluehills 2
3)  Clinnick
 
By an even narrower margin the least favorite threesome were:
1)  Uploders 2
2)=Bedrock
     Uploders 1
 
I have complied a list of the top 15 favourite hills into a 'Fantasy Trial', and their opposite numbers in the Least Favourite section into a 'Nightmare Trial'.
 
I'm not able to post the lists right at this moment, and as I leave with the day job for a month in India tomorrow, very early, I shall have to submit them via someone else.
When you see them perhaps you might like to try your hand at compiling the road book for both, using the shortest route!!
 
I haven't forgotten that I promised a small prize for the competitor that got the hills closest to the results.   I'm glad to say that we did get a result on the hills and didn't have to resort to the Special Test Times.
The winner is a young man who has already started winning other prizes....Aaron Haizeldean.
Congratulations, Aaron, and you will get your prize when I get back.
 
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Hi All Being new to all this where and what is Clinnich? Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinnick   -    Darkest Cornwall chaps.     Its one of the stars of the Camel Trial. Just outside Bodmin of the A38, aproached under a railway arch.  It comrises a downhill start which then curves gently left and up on a surface of power sapping chalk with a sharp left turn onto a one-in-nothing climb through trees.     Great fun and virtually unclimbable.   BTW  I'm surprised not to see Crooked Mustard on the list, my personal favorite,  but then I forgot to send Chris an entry anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go with Simon on Crooked Mustard. And how can Simms be such a favourite when so many (of us) fail? But I suppose that's a comment from a sad old Class 7 driver who can blast his way up Crooked Mustard but is forced to restart on Simms. Just goes to show that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.   Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon if you turned left and left going up Clinock, you were lucky not to have hit a train. Its a lot easier turning to the right and going up to the burgar bar and public house at the top.DIV>

    ReplyDelete