Saturday 5 January 2002

Simms Hill

I have just returned home after a enjoyable day spectating on simms during the Exeter ,but after an incedent with an unfortunate Dellow driver I feel spectator safety could become an issue within our sport.Fortunately in this incedent no one appeared to be seriously injured.I would welcome comments    and   possible precautions that could be implemented.I do feel that our sport should be freely enjoyed by spectators but they should be safe to do so.This is the second heart stopping incedent I have witnessed within my links with trialing.

4 comments:

  1. Ren5, you have the advantage over many of us that didn't witness the "incident" - what exactly happened?   Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian,   Ren5 is Adrian Booth (you can see this from Member Profile)   I was watching on Simms for a while. I don't know about the Dellow.   I did see a Gold lose control on the lower reaches and go into the crowd. Later we saw a gut being helped away. The (unconfirmed) maessage came back up the hill that the Golf had run over his foot.   I believe a chair turned over earlier in the day but everyone OK.   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. The car was of course a Golf not a Gold.   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. !! managed to sign in after long absence! I had such a bad shoulder I could not take part in the Exeter, I did ,however, watch at Simms and left after the Dellow incident. It would seem that afterb stopping and slipping back a bit there was maybe a brake failure of some sort, the result was that the Dellow ran back at an alarming speed. The driver somehow got around the corner after a near encounter with the spectators on the way. That is as far as I saw of the incident, we then returned down the hill after 5 mins or so and learned that the car had turned over between the start and the corner and no one had been hit. The driver and his wife were of cause somewhat shaken. It must have been a tremendous bit of driving to have avoided everyone . It certainly strengthens the restrictions on spectators on the corner as this could have been the danger point.

    ReplyDelete