Tuesday 15 July 2008

Classical Gas Spam

Michael. Any idea why I am continuing to receive spam such as this below from someone called Tim Hellings ?

Whilst it is very kind of him to tell me when he is going on holiday - I'd much rather he did not.

Regards,   Nigel

...................................................................................................

I am on annual leave until Monday 21st July.  If the matter is urgent please redirect as follows:  Newton Abbot Queries - Kathryn.Barge@Veolia.co.uk / Wellington Queries - Dave.Cowling@Veolia.co.uk.

****************************************************************************

As an environmentally conscious company, Veolia Environmental Services is keen to help save trees by reducing paper usage. Please only print out this email if absolutely necessary. In 2007 the UK used about 12.1 million tonnes of paper of which only 72% was recycled.

****************************************************************************

Veolia Environmental Services (UK) Plc Legal Disclaimer

The information in this email and any associated files is confidential and may be legally privileged. It may also contain information that is subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. It is intended solely for the named recipient. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution of this email or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.

6 comments:

  1. Forgot to add.  After the previous one of these arrived,  I took the trouble to ring the Head Office of Veolia Environmental Services and they said they would attempt to find out why it was happening and put a stop to it.   Clearly they have failed - so is it a Classical Gas website problem ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nigel,   I've been a CG member since 03.  I use the members tool to divert new messages to my email account inbox, which is my works account.   I did recieve a call from Veolia Head Office, but could not prevent the problem from reoccuring as I can't find anything wrong with the settings at my end.   Regards Tim.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tim and Nigel,   I believe this has happened because:-   Nigel - I presume that you are posting by e-mailing to ClassicalGasForTrialsenthusiasts@groups.msn.com rather than signing on and posting direct to the board.   Tim - I guess you have asked to receive your messages direct to your e-mail box. And have set your e-mail to give an auto "out of office" reply.   In this case Tim's e-mail account sees an e-mail direct from Nigel and  sends an out-of-office reply directly back to his e-mail.   Solutions:-   Nigel - I don't think this will happen if you post direct to the group rather than by e-mail.   Tim - If you have a personal e-mail address that you don't use out-off-office on you could choose to change to that in your profile.   Or - Now we understand the circumstances we could just accept them!   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael. Thanks for the explanation. I've been selecting Classical Gas from my saved list of favourites and it then 'recognises' me as a member.   I then go into the Message Board and select either Reply or New Discussion.   After that I was not taking note of how my PC connected to the site, so your explanation is handy.   Tim. Hope you didn't think my first post was too tetchy - it may have read like that. I had two Out-of-Office messages that day and was also setting up some filters to weed out the real spam in the form of fake watches, Nigerian fortunes, Russian women and astounding offers to increase the size of my tool kit ! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nigel - I got an email from a nice man in Holland telling me that I've won the lottery and am building my new garage on the strength of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nigel - No worries.  I know how frustrating fighting the daily spam battle can be.   Michael - Thanks for explaining the situation.   Regards Tim.

    ReplyDelete