Saturday 7 February 2009

Clee Hills Trial - Postscript

There are now some nice photos from the trial on the ACTC site.

As an aside, I received my ACTC observers reports, one of which said "quite a lot of hills are similar - leading nowhere" which I found quite strange, as there is a way out of the top of EVERY section on this trial, if you have the ability to get there.
The same person also said "there must be an enormous choice of sections in this area". I would therefore like to cordially invite this observer to come back in the summer and show me where these sections are, because Jonathan and I can't find them and I've been looking for nearly 30 years!

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone actually come out of the top of The Jenny Wind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top changes from year to year, but certainly Richard Penhale, Brian Partridge and Adrian Marfell have all avoided the "walk of shame" and exited onto the track above the current end board. What competitors should appreciate is that we currently only use the bottom third of this climb. It is crossed by a track immediately about the current ends board, continues up, is crossed by a further track and finally arrives in a limestone quarry from which there is a separate exit track. Come along and walk it sometime, its awesome....

    ReplyDelete