Saturday 16 March 2002

First Lady (posted on behalf of Susan TP-J)

Dear Michael,   

Yes , its that Classic rearing itself again, I think it first went back to July 1997, and subsequently corrected by Ron Warren and then again by Simon Woodall June 1999,  now I would like to add another!

Within my research for my book, to be launched Feb 2003, titled, Women in Motorsport from 1945,  I am listing the women winning Triple's,
These are my findings

Margaret Woodall is the undisputed first women to win one in 1955,
but as one interprets Simon's email to you, June 1999, it would appear to indicated that Maralyn won her first one on the same event.  If this was correct, it would have made her 12 years old, truly then something for the history books.

Maralyn did in fact win her first Triple in 1964, and her second in 1965, making her the first women to win 2 Triples.
Going on from that Ann Templeton won a Triple in  1996 and 1997.

Hopefully this will finally close the book on the subject.

Many congratulations on your website, I'll get round to signing up, once the Lands End is over, Been a bit hectic this year,   Look forward to seeing  'The New Falconers'  all obtaining  Gold's in this years 'new look trial.
Very best wishes.

Susan TP-Jamieson
























































No comments:

Post a Comment