Friday 22 April 2005

Dutton Knowhow

Sorry that my first message on here is a begging letter, but I have just aquired a Dutton Melos which I would like to fettle for MCC trials. However at the moment it is too low slung to drive on anything but a billiard table. As other members of this species are often seen in MCC events, It must be possible to raise them up from the dust. Is it a matterof  different springs/shock-absorbers etc or are there recommended chassis mods? Can anyone please give me the benefit of their knowledge on this?
 
Many thanks in advance
Chris Jones
 

2 comments:

  1. Chris,   My mate Fred Gregory (who now has a Rickman Ranger) used to have a Melos which is now driven by Peter Morley. Fred raised his but as he isn't an Internet person he won't see your message so I will e-mail you his phone number.   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also ask Tommy Kalber for advice, (he lives in Cornwall ), and his Melos is as high as any I've seen. I don't know if he is a networker, but you will certainly find him at many of the ACTC rounds, possibly at the Kyrle Trial this weekend in the forest of Dean. SimonR

    ReplyDelete