Sunday 2 January 2000

Help for the Exeter

Hi everyone,

Can I solicit your help on the Exeter with info on how you got on, how your buddies got on and anything at all interesting you see.

Also I would really appreciate photo's, especially of Bikes and the Anniversary vehicles. If you can't scan them could you lend me prints (if you do this I will e-mail you my snail mail address).

I got some positive vibes from my stuff on the Edinburgh and Allen, that was because of the help from the community.

You can of course post your stuff direct on the message board or e-mail me direct.

Thanks in anticipation

Michael

5 comments:

  1. We have a digital camera and will have a go at taking some pics. However we are still learning so please keep that in mind.Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you use jpeg to transfer images if poss. as it seems to be a better compression system, do not worry about putting the photos on the community Photo Album page , it does it all for you, thumbnails and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I will try and get a few digital photos as per the Allen, the only problem being of course that I am competing, No 96. I suspect the only pictures I will get is of my passenger, fast asleep as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,Many thanks. It's not just shots on the hills that are interesting. Close ups of people, cars stricken by the wayside. Getting the Buger King at Exter. It's all good stuff.My own experience on getting pics of cars on hills on the Exeter while competing is as follows:-Normans Hump - Leave passenger to bring car forward in queue and get pics leaving the start, normally possible to do this without crossing the line.Clinton - At the top leave passenger to pump tyres and run back down hill.Windout - Run back down Hill while passeger pumps.Tillerton - Take pics of car in front while waiting in queue.Fingle - If you have the time its possible to leave the car in the car park at the bottom and sneek up the bank behind the toilets to the first hairpin.Wooston - Cars leaving the line.Other hills all present problems for one reason or another.Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael,  Thanks for the tips, but as I hinted my passenger is always asleep!! I managed to get a few of the early numbers on Simms which I will put in the photo album tonight. Regards John.

    ReplyDelete