Wednesday 9 February 2000

John Salter's Pictures

I, for one, would like to propose a hearty round of thanks for John Salter's efforts in providing us with a huge range of pictures of the Clouds and also for his 'Blast From the Past' compilation.

Events conspired to prevent Stuart H, the Troll and I competing in the Clouds, but John's pictures have given me a pretty vivid impression of the event, and also some good pointers to the correct line on some of the hills for next year.

Thanks John, and keep up the good work!

On a technical point, is it possible to alert Members that there are new photos in the Photo Album in the same way as with the Message Board?

I nearly missed the expansion of the Clouds photos from 40 to 70 this evening.

One last point.  The names of some of the sections that are included in trials bring smiles to the faces of some of our colleagues in the office.  Crooked Mustard, Beggar's Roost, Litton Slack to name just three. ( Is there a Straight Mustard somewhere or a Litton Tight)

What is the strangest named section that Members can bring to mind, current or past?

 

Chris

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Chris and everyone,I second your thanks to John for the pictures, they are super. One thing I had been wondering is what limit Microsoft imposed on the community on memory. I have discovered that the community has no limit. However, there is a limit per member, or strictly speaking logon name. This is 32mB. This applies to the logon person across however many communities he or she is a member of.Don't worry John, you aren't limited to 32mB. All you do according to Microsoft is to sign up as another logon name eg John Salter 2 and carry on!Chris, you ask how you know if there are new pics. The only way I know is to look in "My Communities". See tab at top. This tells you how many new messages, pictures and members there are in the current week.Hope this helps.Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to echo the sentiments of the above two messages & add my personal thanks to John for all his efforts.The speed with which the pictures were available was incredible showing just how much work John must have put into them.It was great to see the variety of vehicles & sections displayed and for me personally it was good to see where other competitors (and myself on many occasions) were placing their vehicles on the sections. From studying Johns pictures I hope to be able to assess if I am driving correctly or like an idiot!With reference to Chris' query regarding the notification of new photos being posted, for some reason my e-mail notification message has always informed me of new members, messages & photos.I have checked my Member Profile and cannot see any option to select photo alert so I assume I must have been given it by default.Hope you can sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,Lets build upon what Dave says. Try logging onto the Community. Then go into member profile and change the e-mail setting for community announcements to daily.This should then let yoi know by e-mail when there are new pictures. If you sign up for Messenger and activate "remember my password" You will be told automatically when you have new Hotmail as Messeneger will load when you start up.Let us know how you get on!Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would like to thank John for all the pics, it's facinating to be able to see the different lines taken and to get more thn twenty seconds view of the section!I can imagine that if this continues then some of the successful drivers will be trying to develop a stealth version of a trials car to prevent John publishing their lines! Thanks again JohnStuart Cairney

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would like to thank John for all the pics, it's facinating to be able to see the different lines taken and to get more thn twenty seconds view of the section!I can imagine that if this continues then some of the successful drivers will be trying to develop a stealth version of a trials car to prevent John publishing their lines! Thanks again JohnStuart Cairney

    ReplyDelete