Wednesday 23 February 2000

Marshalls - an incentive !

Sorry to hear that the Torbay got cancelled/postponed due to an initial shortage of marshalls. It's been approx 3 years since I did my last stint so I'd better offer again sometime this year. Perhaps we need some incentive to ensure that we have sufficient volunteers.

Interesting to note that on some entry forms the question of previous marshalling is asked - could be used as a method of dealing with over-subscribed MCC events but a little heavy handed I think !

How about a little encouragement ? discounted entry next year to the event next year ? perhaps something that'll help someones championship contention - say being allowed to choose best 10 out of 13 events instead of 10 out of 12 (or whatever the number is!). 

Would be fair to all because anyone can offer to marshall - you never know it might then be the marshalling that gets over subscribed !

Any thoughts ?

Keith.

 

1 comment:

  1. This could be a good idea, I have certainly marshalled when events have been full or 3 events in 3 weekends did not suit my plans. On the Torbay, I was told by the organisors that there was a glitch in getting a permit that caused the cancelation.Stuart Harrold

    ReplyDelete