Friday 4 February 2000

Lets Add to the fun with Messenger

Hi everyone,

I have just signed up with Microsoft Messenger and I like it. What happens is that when you log on you can "chat" to anyone on your contact list who is logged on as well. It also notifies you if you have any Hotmail in your Inbox.

I have set mine up with the "remember my password" box checked. This logs you on when you boot your computer, but of course you have to be connected to the net to actually see if any of your contacts are there and chat to them.

If you don't want to be disturbed you just show yourself as "busy" using the status menu.

Of course you need to set up a list of contacts. It works fine using a Hotmail address. Hopefully it will be OK with ordinary (POP3) addresses as well. I have started to use my Hotmail a lot more as it's computer independant and used in conjunction with messenger lets you know when you have mail while you are surfing. I know Outlook Express can do the same but I find the Hotmail an easier thing to use if you accept you have to be connected to use it.

Why not give it a try?

Michael

3 comments:

  1. OK - I forgot to say that to sign up you follow the "MSN Messenger" link at the top of the page. http://msn.co.uk/page/11-141.asp should work as well.Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been using it today and this evening. Met up with Community member and Imp Driver Syuart Cairney. It works very well - give it a try. You won't be disapointedMichael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been using it today and this evening. Met up with Community member and Imp Driver Syuart Cairney. It works very well - give it a try. You won't be disapointedMichael

    ReplyDelete