Thursday 15 February 2007

Can anyone help with MGJ2 Information?

I came upon your website whilst looking for something else;
However I wondered if you could put a message on it for me ?
(I really don't understand all this logging in and registering etc !)

I am researching an MG J2 which ran in the 1934 Lands End Trial;
The entrant was A J A CAIRNS  and his competition number was  380.
I am trying to find a photo of this car. Beaulieu have one of him with
his later PA but '34 Lands End
photos are a bit thin on the ground. I need to know the registration
number of this car.

I have tried most of the photo archives and usual sources Cowbourne etc
etc. It is not listed under any MG source either.
Cairns only had this car from February to May 1934. I don't know if he
did any other trials with it that might have been
photographed. Registration numbers were not included in the programmes
due to 'excessive Police interest' !
Not much changes does it ?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

T C S Sargeant
Vehicle Research
Permanden
Gore Lane
Goudhurst
Kent TN17 1JP
01580 211 303 / 376
E-Mail: Tim@permanden.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment