Tuesday 14 October 2008

Ebworth Trial

Spent Saturday in the woods in Gloucestershire at the Stroud & District Ebworth Trial,
 
A really enjoyable event set in a wonderful wooded setting.  Unfortunately the bright sun shining through the green leaves gave all my photos a greenish tint, which I had to Photoshop out, and the contrast between shadow and bright sunlit patches made photography entertaining.  Anyway enough of the excuse
 
Sunnyside 2 was the first section I covered in the morning.  Most spectacular was Harvey Waters, whose Ford Pop made an astonishing climb, but an even more exciting decent, crossways across the slope.  Unfortunately, photography had to stop while I stood on the rear bumper to stop it tipping over.
 
 
Woodman's Trump was a stiff climb, made better for the last run, by a well placed restart, most exciting was Rick Neale, who took out several markers and a couple of trees as he powered the Melos up the final slope.
 
 
The final section I visited was Beechwood a straightforward blast up a hill side track
 
 
Finally there are a few pictures of the start and finish.
 
 
As uual let me know if you want any photos.
 
Dave Cook

1 comment:

  1. Having passengered for Simon Groves two years ago, and watched last year this year it was time to drive...my first experience of classic trials from the right front seat. What car was the question....time to persuade Arnie that he really wanted to lend me the Melos!!!! Well he did drive my Crossle on a sporting trial in May in exchange, and rather like that.... Deal done, now to try and control the car in amongst all the trees. Sat in the car for the first time on Saturday morning up at the crossroads, took it a couple of miles down the road, and that was the testing session over and time to head to the woods!! Very different to the Crossle, but just treat it as a bigger heavier version without the fiddle brakes to steer it when pulling wheelies!! That was Bart's advice anyway. Started off steady with a restart on the first hill...talk about been thrown in the deep end - only Tubby and I go off in the class. As the day went on I got more used to the car, but going by Dave's photo on Sunnyside Arnie looks a bit worried early on!! However, but the end of the day on Workmans Trump he is smiling so it was more relaxing. Not on the second round, when it was us that hit poles, and a dead tree - forgot about all the overhang which I am not used to, then Arnie asked why I stopped!!! Great event, but maybe I am biased as not really got anything to compare it with, and jumping back into the Crossle the next day was a challenge. Although we hardly saw anyone other than the two cars infront of us all day!

    ReplyDelete