Saturday 24 November 2007

Maps and aerial images.

For your information, a brilliant site for aerial images. Gives 4 different views of your neighbours back yards!! with "birds eye view" selected.  www.aboutmyplace.co.uk  The site does not cover the whole of the UK yet, so if "birds eye view" does not come up at the top of the map, I suggest you type in "Doynton" in the search box and have a play.
Other sites I know of are, www.192.com/maps/  Images appear the further you zoom into an area.
www.maps.google.co.uk Select hybrid or satellite for images.
www.earth.google.com You have to download software, (its free), then you can zoom into anywhere in the world.
 
The only problem I have found when searching for trials hills, is that all the images are captured in the summer, and its difficult to see the hills from the trees.
Any body know of any other good, and free, mapping sites.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. John - I like the aboumyplace - the aerial view of my house is much more up-to-date than google   Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got fed up with Google....I type in my address, and it comes back with ''WHERE??''

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can check out what your locality or anywhere else used to look like on www.old-maps.co.uk  assuming it still works (Ordnance Survey 1880s) John Lees

    ReplyDelete